Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
2021/2022 Kindergarten  and Transitional Kindergarten Registration
2021/2022 Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration
Laurie Mauney
Tuesday, January 05, 2021

To enroll in Kindergarten, a student must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021. To qualify for Transitional Kindergarten, a student must turn 5 years old on or between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021.

There are two steps to registering a child for kindergarten. The first is to complete and submit an online pre-enrollment form, and the second is to present the necessary documentation (detailed below) at the school office. Online pre-enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year will open on January 19, 2021 for the Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs at Mattie Washburn Elementary School. To pre-enroll online, select the “Menu” option from the Windsor Unified School District homepage (, then select “New Student Enrollment”.

Upon completion of the online pre-enrollment, please call the school office (707-837-7727) to make an appointment to bring in the required documents to complete registration. Appointments for document turn-in will begin Monday, February 8, 2021, and will take place during regular office hours; 8:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday. You will need to present:

  • Proof of your child’s age and identity (birth certificate or other acceptable documentation).
  • Immunization records to-date. We will review these and advise you on what immunizations may be needed prior to the first day of school. Also be advised that although proof of exams are not required at the time of registration, both a physical exam and a dental exam will be required before the first day of school. Exam forms will be provided to you at your in-person registration appointment, or you may access the two forms here:         Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form
  • Two proof of residency documents showing parent/guardian name and physical address. Acceptable documents include property tax payment receipt, rental/lease contract or payment receipt; utility service (PG&E, Town of Windsor water, garbage, cable TV) contract, statement or payment receipt; pay stub; voter registration or correspondence from a government agency.

If you prefer not to meet with a staff member in person, you may photocopy the registration documents yourself and place them in the mail slot in the front door of the school office.  

 We are sorry that we cannot offer any in-person engagement to familiarize you with our school and our wonderful staff and programs, but we invite you to view a quick informational video from Mrs. Stearn here: